The "Write" Way to Draw

Posted by admin 4/10/2009 0 comments
I'm sometimes asked why I created a "learn to draw" website when so many of my articles don't appear to be related to drawing. I created my "learn to draw" website because I believe the world would be a better place if we all just learned to draw. I also believe that we'd all do better at whatever it is that we do if we all just learned to draw. As John Updike once said, "Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better."

Raising your drawing skills to a higher level is relatively easy and only takes about an hour. The benefits of learning to draw are enormous. Here are just a few of them:


* Learning to draw develops the right side of your brain which is the side of your brain that handles creativity.

* Learning to draw will teach you to pay attention to detail and to see things as they really are. You will become a much more creative person once you've raised your drawing skills to a higher level.

* Learning to draw will give you the power to easily overcome writers block. For example, if I feel "blocked" I'll draw a picture and simply write a story about it.

* Learning to draw allows you to enhance your stories and articles with pictures. People love pictures. In the past year I have completed a 300 page webcomic, a 40 page short story, several shorter short stories and a growing number of articles. This was just during the last 12 months. This is more than I've managed to complete in the past 20 years! And it all began when I raised my drawing skills to a higher level. And the best thing is that it only took about an hour!

So, the next time you read one of my articles (regardless of the subject matter) and you see the "learn to draw cartoons online" URL at the end, please don't think for a moment that it's irrelevant. Give it a click and find out how easy it is to learn how to draw and how learning to draw can have such a positive impact on all areas of your life.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Roland_Bonay

0 comments:

Post a Comment